Reformed University has assembled a viable library system containing over 25,000 resource volumes.
These resources are closely tied to Reformed University’s curriculum and aim to support the subject areas, covered by the University’s academic programs. In order to provide more convenient use and to promote cultural integration in the campus community, approximately 30% of the references in the RU library are in Korean language, which is the native tongue of a significant portion of the student body and faculty. Students across the different ethnic and linguistic backgrounds are strongly encouraged, first, to use print and non-print sources in English. Reformed University’s collection is particularly strong in the area of biblical and theological studies.
Hours of Operations
Monday through Friday 8:30am~6:30pm
Saturday through Sunday Closed
Hours may vary during the summer, between semesters, and on holidays, and are subject to change without notice. However, any changes in operation hours are published both at the official Library website and public bulletin board around the Library premises.
Library Mission Statement
The mission of Reformed University Library is:
- to provide information services and biblical resources for supporting the scholarly and information needs of the Reformed University community,
- to share resources with those outside the University by requesting, organizing, and maintaining an excellent collection of print and non-print resources,
- to provide instruction and assistance with the acquisition of information to library users
The Reformed University’s Library’s objectives are as follows:
- To collect all materials for classes and research needs
- To organize resources for successful and efficient access
- To assist users in finding the knowledge and information resources as needed
- To teach research skills for the breadth of knowledge and information
- To maintain variety of materials to provide scholastic and cultural environment
- To promote cultural, scholastic and spiritual enhancement in the community through sharing all materials with the local residents
- To establish Inter-Library Loan agreements to assist students’ learning experience
- To build community relationships through use of library facilities and community activities.
A research information system is accessible through Populi Library Links. Numerous online research databases are available providing access to over 1 million journals, e-books, and 4+ million peer reviewed. These databases include EBSCOHost, Proquest, ancient classic writings, the national Korean Library and more.
In addition, 20 additional computers with Internet access are available for use in the Computer Lab.
ACADEMIC LEARNING SUPPORT CENTER
In addition to the library and the computer lab, beginning spring 2018, RU’s students will have access to a computerized Academic Support Center for those students, who may need tutorial assistance in the areas of reading comprehension, writing improvement, and math problem-solving. During its hours of operation (M –F 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.), there will be tutors available to help students in need of instruction, editing, proofreading, as well as tutoring in English and Math.